Priority & Premier Support Offerings
Technical Account Managers (TAM)
- What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
- How do I purchase the TAM Service?
- Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
- Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
- Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
- What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
- As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
Legacy Enterprise Offerings
- What was part of the previous Atlassian Enterprise offering?
- Why was the legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering discontinued?
- I have a legacy Atlassian Enterprise server license, what happens next?
- What does this mean for a Jira Unlimited license holder who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier?
1. What is part of the current Atlassian Enterprise offerings?
Atlassian Enterprise provides mission critical products, premier support and strategic services for customers to get the most out of their Atlassian applications.
- The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications
- Premier Support delivers account-level access to a dedicated senior engineering team providing enhanced availability and SLAs for all your Atlassian applications.
- A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted advisor for your implementation teams providing guidance, advice and coordination across your organization, the Expert partner ecosystem and Atlassian's internal teams to maximize the value your Atlassian solutions
2. What is Data Center?
The Data Center deployment option provides high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications. Our Data Center product is a term license starting at 500 users for Jira Software, Confluence, and Jira Service Desk, 25 users for Bitbucket and 10 users for Hipchat. See our Data Center information page for more details.
3. What is the difference between Premier Support and Technical Account Management (TAM)?
Premier Support: is a rapid response team to go to for incidents involving your entire Atlassian stack.
- Dedicated Senior Engineers
- 24x7 including phone*
- 30 minute initial L1 response time
- Critical Incident Management
*Weekend coverage supports all products, however, Hipchat, Crowd and Development Tools coverage and response is limited to only L1 issues.
Technical Account Manager: is a single point of contact to assess, align, and accelerate the enterprise-wide enablement and operational excellence of your Atlassian solutions.
- Strategic planning
- Enterprise scale
- 1:1 Guidance
- Enterprise level best practices
- Risk mitigation
4. Where can I find pricing?
- Premier Support: is $35,000 per year for up to 3 named contacts. This is a service purchased separately on top of standard technical support. Instances identified for Premier Support must also have up-to-date basic support maintenance. (To co-term all your licenses to synchronize their dates, please Contact Us.)
- Technical Account Managers: is $60,000 per year. The Atlassian Technical Account Manager Service includes up to one (1) business day of service from an Atlassian TAM per week for a 12-month period. For questions regarding this service, please Contact Us.
Priority & Premier Support Offerings
1. What is the Premier Support offering?
Atlassian Premier Support is an extension to our Select support that helps you and your implementation teams get the most out of Atlassian’s products with limited interruptions. The team is your dedicated resource to get you back up and running with your mission-critical Atlassian applications.
2. What is the Priority Support offering?
Priority Support was created to ensure there will always be a support option for you as you continue to experience growth. This support offering is designed to provide you with faster response times, inbound phone support for production-impacting issues, access to teams of advanced support engineers for critical issues and extended coverage hours.
With this new offering, we let you choose the right level of support for your organization. Priority Support for Server includes enhanced coverage by an advanced team of senior support engineers for all critical issues impacting production. You can count on our support team to handle all production impacting issues 24/7. This flexibility lets you plan downtime more effectively and know that an advanced team of support engineers will be available after business hours. For all other issues, you'll also receive the same great support during your work week.
3. Is there a feature comparison between the support offerings?
|Asistencia de la comunidad||Select Support||Priority Support for Cloud||Priority Support for Server||Asistencia Premium|
|Deployment Option||Todo||Todo||Cloud||Server or Data Center||Todo|
|Asistencia de la comunidad|
|Hours of Availability¹||-||9/5²||L1: 24/7 |
L3, L4: 9/5
|L1: 24/7 |
L3, L4: 9/5
|24 horas/7 días a la semana|
|Initial Response Time (L1)||-||2 Hr||1 Hr||1 Hr||30 Min.|
|Initial Response Time (L2)||-||6 Hr||2 Hr||2 Hr||2 Hr|
|Initial Response Time (L3)||-||1 Business Day||1 Business Day||1 Business Day||8 Hr|
|Initial Response Time (L4)||-||2 Business Days||2 Business Days||2 Business Days||24 Hr|
|Support Team³||-||Select Team||Select Team||L1, L2: Advanced Team |
L3, L4: Select Team
|Dedicated Senior Support Team|
|Phone Support||-||-||-||L1 Only||All tickets|
|Matching response times for Staging & QA||-||-||-||-|
|Development Escalation Priority||-||-||-||-|
|On-Call Upgrade Coverage||-||-||-||-|
|Proactive Health Checks (includes QA and Staging)||-||-||-||-|
|On-boarding & Environment Familiarity||-||-||-||-|
|Post Incident Reports||-||-||-||-|
|Support Entitlement||Anyone⁴||Admins of a 25-user or greater server products; Users of cloud products||Users of Cloud products with Identity Manager||Admins of instances associated with Priority Support||Premier associated contacts|
|Products Covered||Todos los productos||All products except StatusPage and Trello.⁵||Products covered by Identity Manager⁶||Choose one server instance||All products except StatusPage and Trello.⁵|
|Precios||Gratis||Bundled with software maintenance||Bundled with Identity Manager||$5,000 per product license||$35,000 per 3 named contacts⁷|
¹ Hours of Availability - Weekend coverage applies only to Priority and Premier support programs. Weekend coverage for all eligible tiers is limited to L1 issues for Bitbucket Server, Bamboo, Crucible, HipChat Data Center and FishEye. Weekend support does not cover free or open source products like SourceTree and Clover. It also excludes HipChat Server. Weekends start from 5PM US Pacific timezone (UTC-8 & UTC-7 DST) until Monday 10AM Australian Eastern timezone (UTC+10 & UTC+11 DST), spanning a total of 48 hours.
² 9/5 Support - Hours of coverage include 8am - 5pm for the following timezones: Pacific (UTC-8), Mountain (UTC-7), Central (UTC-6), Eastern (UTC-5), Western Europe (UTC+0), Central European (UTC+1), Eastern European (UTC+2), Australia Western Standard (UTC+8) Eastern Australia (UTC+9), Japan Standard Time (JST), Australia Western Standard Time (UTC+8), Australia Central Standard Time (UTC+9), Australia Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10). India is covered 10am-7pm (GMT+6). Tickets will be handled in the office corresponding to the geo in which they are submitted.
³ Support Team – Our Advanced and Dedicated Senior Teams are both highly trained engineers who are ready to diagnose issues in your environment. Our dedicated senior support team familiarize themselves with three primary contacts from your company to learn your network and environment.
⁴ Community Support - Community Support (from the Atlassian Community) is available to anyone who signs up. Users of 10-user starter license and Sourcetree users are eligible for only community support.
⁵ Select and Premier Support - Includes all Atlassian products other than StatusPage (StatusPage Support Hours) and Trello (Trello Support Hours).
⁶ Identity Manager Enabled Products – Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Stride. When additional products are covered by Identity Manager, they will be included in Priority Support for Cloud.
⁷ Premier Support Named Contacts - Premier connects our top tier engineers with the customer and in order to ensure the best outcomes we limited the number of individuals within an account per $35,000 to three named contacts. This helps ensure the most knowledgeable individuals within our customers are connected with our most senior engineers to drive issues to conclusion faster. If additional named contacts are needed they can be purchased three at a time by purchasing additional Premier licenses. Account coverage pertains to all active Atlassian server product licenses and does not include Open Source products or 3rd party plugins.
Technical Account Managers (TAM)
1. What is an Atlassian Technical Account Manager (TAM)?
An Atlassian TAM is a post-sales advisory service available for purchase by qualified enterprise customers. The TAM functions as a trusted advisor from Atlassian to validate that the customer is deploying Atlassian technologies following the latest best practices, and gives the customer an internal resource at Atlassian to be an advocate across all functions and roles. For more details on how the TAM service is delivered, please reference the Atlassian Technical Account Manager Datasheet.
2. How do I purchase the TAM Service?
To inquire about subscribing to the TAM Service please Contact Us; or request a quote from your Atlassian Expert.
3. Where can I find the terms and conditions of the TAM Service?
The Atlassian TAM Service is governed by the Atlassian Professional Services Agreement.
4. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and Atlassian Technical Support?
Atlassian Technical Support is a 'break-fix' incident based service where you file a specific support request regarding a point in time problem, and they assist you in resolving the issue. Atlassian TAM's are a proactive consultative resource focused on ensuring that you are deriving the appropriate ROI from your Atlassian investment. Atlassian TAMs ensure that you are defining an Atlassian technical solution that will address your business needs and architecting the solution with best practices and risk mitigation in mind.
5. Are TAMs an onsite consultative resource?
TAMs primarily function within the region where the customer's production management teams reside. TAMs visit onsite at the customer's location at least once a quarter, but spend the majority of their time providing remote guidance and working with their counterparts in Atlassian's offices to enable the end customer.
6. Can I engage a TAM that speaks my local language?
For certain countries where English is not the primary language, staffing of a local TAM resource is available who will speak the local language. Contact Us to inquire whether such a resource is currently available in your locale.
7. What is the difference between an Atlassian TAM and an Expert?
Atlassian Experts are in-depth and hands-on technology practitioners to help you deploy, manage and enhance your Atlassian solution deployments. Atlassian TAMs are a solution advisory resource that have direct weekly touch-points with Atlassian product, engineering, executive and support teams and give you an immediate advocate to the product teams at Atlassian, and keep you abreast of the latest product roadmap updates and internal thinking from within Atlassian to ensure that you and the Expert are following down the ideal solutions path.
8. As an Atlassian Expert can I sell the TAM Service to customers I am working with?
Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise Experts are qualified to sell the TAM Service. Experts within other non-enterprise tiers of Atlassian's Expert program will need to work with the regional Atlassian Expert Manager to qualify. For more details on the conditions of selling the TAM service, or to execute a TAM order, the Expert must qualify the customer as a TAM prospect via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legacy Enterprise Offerings
1. What was part of the previous Atlassian Enterprise offering?
Atlassian Enterprise server licenses [Legacy] issued before July 2014 include additional services and support which focus on ensuring success as your deployment grows. Atlassian Enterprise server licenses were available for select user tiers of Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Jira Service Desk.
Atlassian Enterprise server license [Legacy] holders got access to the following:
- Enterprise Support: Priority 24x7 online and phone support
- Atlassian Enterprise Community
- Participation in Atlassian Enterprise Workshops and Webinars
These services will be honored for the remainder of the license term and cannot be renewed beyond the current term.
2. Why was the legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering discontinued?
The legacy Atlassian Enterprise offering was available only for certain user tiers of Server licenses for Jira, Confluence, and Stash. This narrow definition made it difficult to provide comprehensive support to Atlassian add-ons of the parent product as well as other products in the Atlassian portfolio.
The new Atlassian Enterprise offerings include premier support and strategic services at an account-level in order for customers to get the most out of their Atlassian applications.
3. I have a legacy Atlassian Enterprise server license, what happens next?
Customer's who are on an Atlassian Enterprise server license [Legacy] will continue to receive the benefits they've enjoyed through the end of your current software maintenance. Renewing maintenance or upgrading to these discontinued tiers is no longer available after 09-Jul-2014, however we will honor any active quotes that have not expired.
4. What does this mean for a Jira Unlimited license holder who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier?
The non-Enterprise 500 user server license has been discontinued with the change to Atlassian Enterprise server licenses.
Legacy Jira 100+ (Unlimited) server license holders who opted in for the non-Enterprise 500 user tier will be quoted at that user tier price ($4,000) for one more 12 month term. After this period, customers will be quoted at the current renewal cost of a Jira 500 User sever license.